Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Break my heart for what breaks Yours...

Lately I have felt an overwhelming sense of anxiety, and when I look at the world around me I see so much pain and sorrow and I can not help but become emotional. Amongst the sadness and the pain, I see so many lost people and lost souls, and I feel heartbroken and helpless. Today as I was running errands and feeling completely anxious and saddened, I heard these lyrics from the boys veggie tales worship CD...

"Heal my heart and make it clean
Open up my eyes to the things unseen
Show me how to love like You have loved me
Break my heart for what breaks Yours
Everything I am for Your Kingdom's cause
As I walk from earth into eternity"

Worship music truly ministers to my heart, and these lyrics were exactly what I needed to hear. It made me think of how brokenhearted Christ must be when He looks down on this earth. How much pain He must be feeling to see His people suffering. How sad He must be to see people deny Him, and turn their backs on Him and openly mock Him.

I often feel lost here on earth. Like a misfit, like I don't belong. Maybe it's because this is not my REAL home. So why do I get anxious about things going on around us, like earthquakes, tsunamis, tornadoes, kidnappings, murders, and illnesses? When I leave this earth, I will finally be home. I should not be worrying about something happening to my husband or children, because I know Heaven will be a much nicer home for them. I need to stop worrying and cast my cares on Jesus. I need to realize that Jesus can provide so much more for them then I can, and when He is ready to call me or a loved one home, I need to remember that He is simply calling us to our forever home, where we belong.

2 comments:

dani said...

Bek- My heart is SO there with yours. Jesus is doing amazing things in my heart...I am falling for Him as my Savior more and more..and it is a wonderful place to be. I'm not satisfied here. It's not how things are supposed to be...and I'm tired of working and living for the here and now. I agree COMPLETELY with what you said about worrying...if Jesus takes my family, they will be with Him...if He takes me, I will be with Him and He will take care of my family. I can't wait to be home : )

dani said...

Also....if you are up for a challenge....look into this sermon series: http://www.brookhills.org/media/series/radical/

Love you! So glad God put you in my life, even if it is from far away. One day we'll be praising our King together IN PERSON even if we never get that chance while we're here :)